Saturday, September 15, 2012

MFW Highlights: Notebooking

 

We are using My Father’s World Creation to the Greeks this year.  I'm not much into using index cards, I just picture them getting set down everywhere and getting lost.  So for our Greek roots vocabulary we doing it a little different.  

003

I picked up some simple spiral bound white story notebooks from Miller Pads and Paper at our local homschool convention.  Big Ladybug covers the front with some scrapbooking paper and brads to pretty it up. 

004

005

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then on the inside she gets to illustrate the word and write the meaning.  This may not work for all kids, but she loves to draw so she enjoys this. 

We used this for our geography vocabulary for ECC last year and are also using this for our Bible History Notebook this year.

007

009

010

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They have worked great so far and everything is stored in one spot, which makes my life easier. 

Link up below to share your ideas or how your week went using My Father’s World!

Also if you linked up last year and added the button to your blog, that code links to last year’s info and guidelines.  Please grab the new updated code under the button for this year.  Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. Super idea! Thanks for setting this up for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for notebooking!

    I've updated the button code on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those notebooks! That is such a great idea for the index cards. We need to get a file box b/c ours are already falling out of the binders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the notebooking idea as opposed to the cards, too. Thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughters drawings look amazing! I linked up the last 3 weeks of first. Thanks for hosting this again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I wish I would have seen this idea when we were using the book! I'll have to remember it for the next go-around in a few years. Your daughter is an excellent illustrator by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! I love the notebooks! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm adding your button to my blog, so that the families on the MFW blogroll can find you here to share their weekly journeys. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!