Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Father’s World, Homeschool Highlight Guidelines: 2012-2013

 

 

 

So What is Homeschool Highlights in My Father's World?? 

Its a weekly link-up hosted alternately by myself and by Monica @ Discover Their Gifts, for families using the My Father's World homeschool curriculum.

It's a way for us to connect and share with other MFW families

Only family-friendly posts, from family-friendly blogs :)

 

  • This link-up was created for inspiration and encouragement …... so try to visit a few of the other links, and leave at least one thoughtful, encouraging comment.  If you come across someone's simply amazing idea, please come back here and share it with the rest of us in the comments, so we can all be sure to be inspired!

 

  • If, for some reason, you're not able to pull a great post together, may we suggest you at least share something...one tidbit about your week...one picture. Please don't feel like just because you had an 'off' week, you can't participate...seeing that other families actually have 'off' weeks too, may be the most inspirational post from the entire link-up!

 

  • Sign up on the Linky. We've gotten the most emails/comments on this one. We realize a lot of homeschool moms have just started blogging, so here are our simple instructions for linking-up:
    1. right click on the title of your post, copy shortcut
    2. click on 'enter link' at Discover Their Gifts or 2 ladybugs and a lizard
    3. paste shortcut in link, add your name, leave your email
    If you don't understand, or if we run into any problems, we'll try to work them out...feel free to email one of us, and we can try to walk you through it.

 

  • Please link back to the current Homeschool Highlights in MFW post here at 2 ladybugs and a lizard or at Discover Their Gifts, somewhere in the body of your post so that other MFW readers will know where to go to join in the fun.
    We usually put this at the end of our posts like this:
    " this post is linked to Homeschool Highlights in MFW at Discover Their Gifts or 2 ladybugs and a lizard "

 

  • You can also add the graphic (at the top of the page and in our sidebars) to your post and in your sidebar if you'd like. 

 

  • Our plan is to have each new weekly link up by Friday or Saturday.

 

We are excited for the new school year and to get the weekly posts back up and running!!!  We are also in the process of contacting each family that is signed up on A Mama's Story  2012 - 2013 My Father's World Blogroll.  Still, please help spread the word in case there are any other MFW families out there that would like to participate

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by Tots and Me and inviting me over. I can't wait to start linking up and sharing and discovering new MFW families.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting this together and hosting it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great! I'm in and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update :) I'm not able to find the linky area though?? It's probably me overlooking it.

    Many Blessings on your year ahead and Congratulations on your littlest bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kattie! May I share a link to the post on the Facebook group for My Father's World kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, probably the dumbest question... but where is the Linky to sign up? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just the guidelines post. Monica is hosting the first link up on sept 8 and you will find the linky in her post. Then I will host next week and that weeks link up will be on my post....we are alternating weeks. I hope this helps.

      Delete
  7. Is there a way to get the Highlighte sent to my email? I don't blog. cherylpowell@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you subscribe to both blogs the posts will go directly in your email inbox. There is a 'subscribe here' box on the blog sidebar.

      Delete
  8. Hi! We just started homeschooling and I came across this blog via A Mama's Story blogroll. I love the idea of link up. I look forward to seeing what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first link up post will be today at discovertheirgifts, please ket me know if you have any issues :)

      Delete
  9. I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to the shortcut to my link. I'd love to join in on this :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you! Would love to link up with you, but I'm not quite sure how to proceed. I'm not sure where the linky up link is? Please help. I couldn't find your email address either. Thanks for giving me the opportunity. May God bless you family and your school year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deanna. The link up will be weekly on that weeks post. We are planning to post the highlights post every Friday or saturday. Check out Discover Their Gifts later today for the first link up. Then next week I will host. We will be alternating. I think my email address is in my profile, but just in case its not... Kathris7477@yahoo.com. thanks! Kattie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi All ! Linky is up http://discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com/2012/09/mfw-creation-to-greeks-week-1.html

    Enjoy your week!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool! This is definitely an inspiring way to connect with each other. The benefits of this were seen on your way of accepting everything under the basis of the basis of christian homeschool curriculum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!