I’m linking up to MFW Highlights hosted this week by Monica at Discover Their Gifts.
Hola from Mexico!! We have been traveling through Mexico and here are our highlights.
We are adding our airline tickets, paper dolls, money, etc. to our lap-n-scrap book.
- Read from the book of Matthew
- We learned what it means to be an ambassador of Christ and that our citizenship is in Heaven!
- Praying for the people of Cuba and Haiti
- Matthew 4:4 “Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
- Matthew 4:19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”
- Mexico on the map
- Country Report and Children Just Like Me Report from Expedition Earth.
- Made play-doh Aztec Temple (also from Exp. Earth)
- Discussed cold blooded animals and how they cope with the desert temperatures.
Every time we went to do our ice experiment, it was rainy or cold…so we just discussed how desert animals burrow or stay in the shade to stay cooler.
- desert animals- we read books on the desert and what lives there
- desert animal lapbook (from homeschoolshare.com)
- Mexican Gray Wolf- books and lapbook (also from homeschool share…..we just need to add some final touches to it)
Went to the zoo and checked them out!
- Art- Mexican clay suns
- Cooking- made tortillas
- Extra Fun- Mexican restaurant
Adios Mexico…..off to Canada we go!
Did you know???
It takes the Saguaros cactus about 14 years to grow three feet tall and between 60 and 75 years to sprout its first arm. Saguaros with five arms are more than 150 years old!