Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our Prairie Primer Co-op

This year we have really enjoyed our Prairie Primer co-op.  We read Little House on the Prairie and we just finished Little House in the Big Woods.  The kids learned a lot, but most importantly they (and us moms) made new friendships!

Here’s a look at some of the fun stuff they completed since Christmas.  The focus was mostly on Indians. 

Here they are making some wigwams.041

046047

055

060061

 

 

 

 

 

011

Our little guys hanging out :)

043  

They made some Indian jewelry and head dresses.

003006

008010

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They also had fun making teepees.

008

009

Each child picked a tribe and put together a project to present at the final class.  Big Ladybug chose the Sioux Indians and we completed our first lapbook.  We used some printable resources from Dynamic 2 Moms.

046

047

048

007

001

Thank you Miss. Eydie for volunteering your time to teach our co-op class!  We all really enjoyed ourselves!

We are sad to see it end, but our co-op will be continuing for some FUN summer science and then in the fall with My Father’s World Exploring Countries and Cultures!

6 comments:

  1. SO fun! We are considering Prairie Primer for third grade, since that will be sort of a gap year for my oldest (in Adv in August, MFW1 right now) ... I want my middle two to be in second grade to start ECC with my oldest. Anyway ... how did you become part of a PP coop? I would love to find one in my neck of the woods. :) Beautiful time indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are lucky to have a local Christian homeschooling moms group in our area. One mom taught it to her children when they were little, and offered to teach it again if anyone was interested. We had a great time, and it is also nice because it appeals to both boys and girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kattie. Maybe I'll have to start my own in third grade. :) Looks like an incredible opportunity. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I can tell you are having a wonderful time on your homeschool journey! Love it!

    I am stopping by from Heart Like Water, my sis-in-law Kathi's blog. She listed you as one of her favorites and I can see why. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie this is precious! Wasn't it fun? I can't wait for MFW-ECC this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a whole lotta fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!