Monday, August 29, 2011

How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World

As we travel the world Exploring Countries and Cultures, we are going to try to fit in some Five In A Row along the way.

009

 

We laid the world map out as we read the book and added the story disks I printed from All Of A Kind Family.

 

 

 

 

006

 

Art

037

She painted the town with watercolors.

096

 

093

 

 

She really enjoys working on the lapbooks. I got most of our ideas from Homeschool Share.

 

 

 

 

095

095

097

 

Cooking

014

011

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone helped bake the apple pie, and invited Daddy to eat it with them :0) 

019

020

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(I also printed this from All of A Kind Family.)

We also discussed the book and the use of humor the author added through it. 

You can check out the apple study we did last fall here.

Big Ladybug’s favorite part….making the apple pie, and of course eating it!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful work. You are supermom~ two lapbooks in two weeks?! Your kids are almost the exact same ages as mine and I don't know how you find the time. Your Ladybug looks like she had so much fun. I am so glad I have you to look up to for inspiration this year. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little artist! Love the watercolor painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun week! Love the lapbooks you made -- and the links to All of a Kind Family and Homsechool Share - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! Love your painting ... so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her street scene ~ the watercolors are so pretty! Love the apple pie scrapbook pages and also the blue ribbon on the pie. =) We are on our second week of rowing this - it is a fun row. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. first,
    have I ever told you how beautiful your kids are?
    they are!
    Second, you should seriously frame this girls art work!!!
    Third.
    we read the book last year.love it!!!

    Amanda
    homegrown b

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kattie! Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know about the MFW link up. I will try to join next week but I'm always a little behind in getting my posts up! :) I've enjoyed seeing what you all are doing since we are doing ECC too. It's been a lot of fun so far! I look forward to visiting your blog more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kattie, you never cease to amaze me! Your daughter's artwork is simply beautiful, and I'm impressed that you're able to fit so much into your weeks. Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas, links, and samples of your daughter's work!! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like another great week. We really loved this book :) Your apple pie looks delicious!

    Thank you for the "linky love".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!