Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sketch Tuesday: Something Spicy

 

Assignment:  Sketch a spice or spice bottle.

spice

“Two Spice Bottles”

Big Ladybug has not been introduced to drawing still-life art yet, so this was a great assignment for her.

A VERY LONG time ago I used to have time to sketch, paint, create, and I loved it.  So I decided to put everything else aside and join her this time.  I pulled out the graphite pencils and kneaded eraser I picked up for her several months ago, and we had a little art lesson.  I am a little rusty, but I was able to show her how to create depth and shade.  She practiced shading, but enjoyed kneading the eraser more than anything.  She was also surprised that her mom could draw a little.

 

cilantro

 

Check out the other spicy sketches at Harmony Art Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you both draw better then I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented! We used to participate in Sketch Tuesday, but then I got pregnant and had a baby... and well, baby, 6 kids, homeschool, life . . .'nuff said. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!