We have begun our travels through Africa, and so far it has been fun! Here are a few of our highlights.
1. Read about missionary Mary Slessor
2. Character trait Mercy
Memory verse Matthew 6:19-21
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.”
“But store up for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
1. Geography game
2. Beginning Geography workbook
- Grasslands and the animals that live there.
- Watched Human Planet from the Discovery Channel. We have had to fast forward this show a few times, but overall we all have really enjoyed it!
This is Big Ladybug’s brown sack mural. We used the safari animals from pg. 38 of A Trip Around the World.
- African Masks (idea was from here.)
And of course they all had fun with this project!
If you would like to share how your week went using My Father’s World…..please link up below!! Next week will be hosted by Monica at Discover Their Gifts.